Friday 31 October 2014

The Path

Lightning strikes the land, droplets of water start to fall,
This is the path I have chosen, unknown to all.
I started off as a mere animal, now I'm human,
My destiny is far and my resources are none.

I walk my path alone, no one with me,
I have to do it, no one can, I know, for me,
I aspire to be a warrior nothing less,
I strive hard to improve, not to impress.

I open my eyes in the rain, I feel the cold,
I feel so naked and alone, I feel the mould.
I stand alone, I can't stop the rain, I know,
All this hits me I cry, I try to cloth myself, to grow.

I have to take the hits, get up and move forward,
I can stop the tears, ignore the pain and head shoreward.
This is my path, I sought salvation in the wrong place,
My faith wasn't well placed, it decreased my pace.

But now I start moving without any help, to find myself,
To find my true path, this I know, I trust no other only myself.
That's the only way, I lost many times but now I shall win.
I can go the distance,  I can awaken the warrior within.

I am the fire, I don't give in to fear,
This is my fight, my burden to bear.
I hear the lightning and feel the rain,
I am a warrior and I feel no pain.

This is my path, my belief, my way,
My reason to stay alive, to go all the way.
I believe in myself and I know, my path is righteous,

I am a warrior, I don't give in, I'll be victorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment