Monday 27 October 2014

Diwali

Sitting on a bench, in a garden, thinking,
Festive season is over, no kidding,
I see a bush, really beautiful, green and lushful,
Looking at the squirrels scurrying about, so playful.

I think of the environment so peaceful,
Nothing can ever be so pretty, so admirable,
Burnt crackers lying around, the serenity,
Oh! what pleasure it is to admire such still beauty.

The soft breeze, so soothing,
The emptiness so moving.
Diwali is over, nothing can move me so much.
Making people move one with their life, a crutch.

Then I see a woman walking,
Tension on her face, yet so calm and soothing.
Confused I was yes, how can it be possible?
An individual with a walk so improbable.

That her expressions are naive, yet her walk is subtle.
Making everyone around her look so humble,
As I look on I see a guy,
Aged and tired, yet he does try,

To fulfill his requirements with a prick,
With so many problems, in his hand a bamboo stick.
Humans are so simple, yet so complicated.
Their goals simple, but all their dreams confiscated.

I see the grass grow green and pretty,
Still there is mud among it, so dirty.
Dried leaves scattered round,
A sand grain combined with others makes a strong mound.

I get up and touch it, it crumbles,
Yet,   when moistened, the touch it baffles.
Why can't we be like the mud so strong?
Combined with water, with determination, get along.

Diwali looks unbelievable with loud crackers,
Yet with diyas it's so nice, it knocks off anyone's knackers.
Why don't we skip the religious bullshit now and then?
Together we celebrate any festival within.

I tell you, the silence is amazing.
It beats any hunger, any craving.
Now all I have to say is love.
As united we stand, in our diwali, among our cove.

No comments:

Post a Comment