Sunday 30 November 2014

Love....everlasting? (Chapter 15)

A few months back
Aryan was about to publish another book, and for celebrating its launch, he wanted to invite Jenny for a treat. He wanted her to be with him, nothing could ever describe that feeling, he wrote down a letter for her that never reached her. Even in these modern times, when doing something romantic he preferred using traditional means to convey his feelings, the modern ways of using e-mail or some social messenger just didn't cut it. The rush of hiding that letter in that person's personal belongings, without their knowledge of that page of paper ever existing was somewhat phenomenal, then that journey of discovering that letter, exclaiming surprise, then feeling joyous from noticing the letter from someone close and the cluster of emotions which would get exuded upon the completion of reading that letter was indescribable.
Aryan was very introvert except for times like these, when he used to let his emotions fly wild. It was very rare among people, but when writing his own personal diary or letters like these, it was very common with him, so he was quiet adept at doing such things. When he wrote down that letter with the best effort to write, showing the best handwriting he had ever penned, he felt so nostalgic that, he, at one point, broke down into tears, she was not his girlfriend back then, she had only been a source of trauma, by keeping him constantly waiting and going out with other guys while she did so, so penning down these feelings was a pain to him. He had loved her as much as anyone could ever love a stranger, some would have said he loved her more than his own parents, but he himself never accepted that, he put this letter in her bag when he met her for some coffee.
Present Day
Aryan was strolling in his study, tense, worried, as to what the hell was going on in his life, in the past few months he had discovered that the love of his life had cheated on him, gotten together with her ex, had planned to run away but went missing instead, he himself somehow was connected to this story but he didn't remember any of it, he had recovered a few fragments of his memory somehow but they created more questions than answers, now she was the prime suspect in the murder of Aamir, her love, her ex, earlier turned present.
Jenny was not a killer.
Although, he was not supposed to care about her, he couldn't help it, he still loved her, maybe, only a little bit, but, still, he loved her, he was hell bent on proving her innocence, he had the feeling that something bad had happened to her, and the answer somehow was within his lost memory, but, he didn't know how to get it back.
He remembered events before her going missing, all to full detail now, but nothing even slightly related to the day of her going missing came into his mind. It was all dependent on what happened later, Aryan was no longer the highlighted one in this case, as, he Jenny was the one who had gone missing.
She had made all the plans with him to leave for Bijibihada, she went missing before her plans to leave and the dead body of Aamir had been found, who had been reportedly missing for the same number of days as Jenny. So the police were searching for Jenny with full force, but to no avail.
Jenny might have turned to be a b*tch. But, he knew, somewhere, that she wasn't that bad, that she had maybe hidden her feelings, and couldn't explain them to him, she might not get a good response from him, maybe it was all Aryan's fault, maybe it wasn't, who knew? Still, she had always loved him, Aryan had felt this from the beginning, but somewhere down the line he had started to get the feeling, that, she had somehow, inside her, made peace with her decision of loving him and had decided to move on, that is why he had wrote that letter, in which he had proposed her for the umpteenth time. He loved her so much, maybe she knew, maybe she didn't, well, she knew he loved him, but maybe, she never realised how much. So, in that letter he engraved all his emotions with his favourite pen, the one with which he had written his first book, 'Kalki:The Apocalypse', which was a blockbuster and had made him famous, considering it lucky, he had written a beautiful letter, making faded spots of ink with his tears, anyone who knew their story would cry upon reading it, at least, that was what he felt. That letter had got him the nod. He felt a rush of emotions as he remembered the contents, speaking out loud that letter from his memory, he closed his eyes,
'Jenny,
Hey, whatsup? I'm sure, you would be surprised on seeing this letter, and you wouldn't even know it was from your best friend until you read it to the bottom (spoiler alert, haha), you know sometimes I think, what was I before you came into my life, I was a normal guy, with a normal life, no aim, no money, no personality, only some dreams which wouldn't have come true, if it weren't for your support. Thank you Jenny. You know, many people can say tell you these kinds of things as you feel the 'Need to Feed' everyone, not specifically food though, lol. You are such a gentle soul, nobody can match that, anyways, that's not what I wanted to say, in spite of all this, even if all this had never happened, you might not have helped me and just remained a normal person in my life, I don't believe that even then, I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from loving you, first of all, you are a chatterbox, what's up with that? Huh? None of my friends can bear with you, they just keep on telling me, why? Why do you put up with this girl who only shuts up when she has food in her mouth? Even to that I always reply, "That's just good manners." They just snort in derision and walk away, my best friends walk away helplessly, lol, why does your endless chitter chatter seem so cute, so useful, so enticing, that I just want to grab your face and kiss you on the lips, please a word of advice, whenever you are around me, use your eyes with caution, yeah, you read that right, wait give me a second, falling in love again, haha ;) Yes, please use your eyes carefully, because I, don't know how to put this together, don't know how to focus on other things later on, just wow, one time I just felt, that somehow, using your eyes as a conduit I had entered heaven, and only you were there, my beautiful angel. You are such a kid, everyone gets annoyed with your childish pranks, your uncivilised way of behaving with people, although, keeping in mind that's not illiterate behaviour, not everyone can understand that, it's good that you talk to the rickshawalla bhaiyas and make them feel better, yet, why am I the only one to understand this? Except you, of course! Duhh! You value your relationships with people so much, I don't know how, nowadays, people just stop talking and don't give a damn later on, two best friends can do that and Delhi girls, please I won't even get started on them, they think that they are the President of the world, yes the world, and the universe runs according to them, anyways, it's not about them, it's about you! Yes, you! Why do you treat everyone so nicely? I mean, why? If someone is badgering you, just kick him in the a** and let it roll away. ROFL! You are my special baby, my sexy jaan, as it were, Jenny, I love you, I can't be your best friend anymore, I just can't stand seeing you be with other guys, this is the last time I'm asking you out, I can't keep on crying silently in the bathroom when you tell me you kissed this guy, or made love to that one, or went to the movies with that guy, or how you describe the body of another guy. Why can't you do that with me? Ok, not to pile on, sorry. I just want you to be mine forever, or I'll just disappear from the world. You might realise someday that you love me, and I won't be there, I have given up the thought of ever being able to be with any other person, frankly, it seems useless, and I can’t marry just for the sake of marriage, and anything I do seems useless without you by my side, frankly, even I seem useless without you, SO, If you say now, please so goodbye on a text message to my phone after reading this message, rather than telling me we can't be together, I won't be able to bear it, ok? Just spare me the thought of thought, just text me goodbye and I'll leave. And until you say anything, I'll consider that you haven't read the letter and will make you read it in front of me, because, I can't bear being away with you for one second, it kills me thinking that might be kissing some guy there, or some bas*ard might be manhandling you! Ok? Got it…I'm sorry, Jenny, I tend to get carried away. It's either you or I'm not there for anyone, hope that you want to see me by your side, as your lover, as your best friend, as your caretaker and maybe the least important, hope to see me alive, maybe that might not be that important to you.
Lastly,
Waited I might not have that long for you,
Seems like a thousand years away from you,
Please say yes, my love, I wish to live,
Spend time with you alone in my crib,
Hold your hand and kiss your lips,
Hold you, with me, tightly, above your hips.
Love you baby,
Aryan
Your hopeless Lover.'

As he finished he realised he was crying, where was Jenny? where was she? Suddenly his phone started flashing a blue light. It was an SMS from Vikram. He opened it,
'Brother, I got news about Jenny, and maybe, just maybe we might get to know where she is.'
Jenny was alive?

2 comments:

  1. I am still getting goose bums after reading the article. It was damn touchy. I can understand the feeling as I went through the situation as well. Thank u for sharing the post. keep posting with lots more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shreya, I hope you will continue to be an avid reader of my blog, really appreciate your comment, are you frpm the fb page?

      Delete