Wednesday 22 October 2014

The Warrior

The road I have since long strided,
Has always been one-sided,
But slowly now the tables will turn,
And a new me will be born.

I am a warrior, nothing less,
I have fought life and death with finesse,
I know how to face my troubles,
How to go one-on-one on broken pebbles.

Life has been my war, the world my warzone,
My fate was never decided, never sown,
I change my fate, whatever was written,
As I see fit, as it should be rewritten.

I have changed my fate always,
I am doing it again in life's hallways,
I will not bear it any longer, no more,
This is my limit, my patience, I swore.

Now I shall fulfill my purpose,
The one I chose in this big circus.
No longer shall I live by life's rules,
I shall find in the dust jewels.

This is my promise to myself and me,
This is my destiny, my journey.
I am a warrior, and I may lose a battle,
But not a war, I learn from errors and the end I settle.

The world is my warzone, life my war,
I am a warrior, my cry shall go far.
It will change me, others and the world for the best,

And then, I can finally rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment