Saturday 1 November 2014

Love....everlasting? (Chapter 10)

Vikram saw the expression on Aryan's face. He nudged him in the shoulder and said,"Dude, you ok?"
"She…he…I…Vikram….I know what happened here, I saw her here, I did…"
Vikram stopped the car, leaned in, looked at him anxiously and said,"And?"
"She was here waiting for her ex-flame. I came to know about that from Kamal that day, as I told you earlier, right?"
"Right…so?"
"So, I came here that day, confronted her, and had a fight with her, she went off, technically speaking it isn't wrong to meet up with a guy or her ex-flame for that matter…but.."
"It is, but go on.."
"No, it isn't, it isn't normal, but it's not wrong…so the problem was she had lied to me about it, she had told me she was out with her grandmother and she wasn't, so I went upto her and asked her about it, but instead of getting guilty, she got angry, shouted at me, and stormed off, it was a huge argument, she said that I didn't trust her and things like that, you tell me buddy, did I do anything wrong?"
"Dude, can you tell me anything useful? Like where she is now?"
"No, but, this I can tell, I remembered till the point where she went off and I went home, but I don't remember after that."
"Okay, so your memory is not complete, let's just ask the manager to be sure."
They parked the car outside the restaurant and walked into the restaurant, it looked very nice, it had a good ambience, the ceiling was curved, it had nice seats, waiters were very polite and well-mannered, they took them straight to the manager.
The manager had a nice air of command around him, there was this aura that would set him as the manager around here, Aryan smiled, 'No doubt the waiters were so polite, he looks like a capable man.'
He greeted him,"Hi sir, I'm Aryan and this is my friend Vikram, we're here on an urgent matter, my girlfriend has gone missing and I'd like to ask you a few questions."
"Hey, you're the guy from that day, you were fighting with her, weren't you? She was a regular customer here, you drove her away."
"What's your name?"
"Ramesh, why?"
"Listen, Ramesh, and listen carefully, I want to know what happened that day, it's a strange request, I know, but you have to tell me, I haven't seen her for months, and I want to know where she is. or I will kill you right here, right now…"
"Listen Sir, I only know this much, that you were outside that day, breaking our tables and chairs, fighting with your girlfriend, you didn’t hit her once, she kept on shouting at you, and to take it out, you broke our chairs, she came another gentleman later on, to pay the price for what you broke and was never seen here again."
"She came here again?"
"With another man, yes."
"Who was that man, may I ask?"
"Yes, she called him Aamir."
"Aamir, you sure about that?"
"Yes."
"They had lunch here, and she can't be your girlfriend, she kissed him in front of us."
"Ok, would you have any idea where she went to later on?"
"Don't know sir, maybe his house?"
"Ok, thank you."
"Sir, if she was indeed your girlfriend, why didn’t you just call her up and sort it out?"
"I did, she didn't pick up a single call that day."
"Oh. Ok."
"Thank you for the information, we will leave now."
He and Vikram got up and went out.
"This leads us nowhere, we already knew that she was here to meet her ex, and obviously she didn't pick up your calls later on, she was like that, she wouldn’t have picked up your calls after all this."
"We do know one thing though…she came back, means she did not run off that very day. And she was cheating on me much before I had thought she did, that only means one thing, I never knew her and now I will call up her friends and meet them to know oh her whereabouts."
"Yes, you’re right."

No comments:

Post a Comment