Sunday 2 November 2014

Love....everlasting? (Chapter 12)

He waited for the police to go away. He stood in a corner of the nearby street smoking, awaiting the departure of the policemen. As soon as they left, he went to the door of Sneha's house, rung the doorbell and waited. She opened the door immediately and whispered, "Quickly! Get in!"
He walked straight in and went to the living room, he waited for her there.
Just as she walked in, Aryan lost his cool,"What the f*ck? You called the cops? Are you crazy? Why in the name of God would you call the cops?"
"First of all, you're wanted for questioning by the police regarding Jenny's disappearance, it's all over the news. Second of all, I didn't do it."
"Well then who would?"
"I don't know, who knows about you being here?"
"Well there's only Vikram, but he would never betray my trust."
"It's time to check your friends, Aryan, who is trustworthy and who is not."
Sneha had a serious look on her face.
Aryan got mad."LISTEN YOU IMBECILE B*TCH! VIKRAM IS NO LESS THAN A BLOOD BROTHER TO ME, NOR AM I ANY LESS TO HIM, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"
"Aryan, let's be practical over here, even brothers are betraying each other nowadays, you're not a child, he's merely a very good friend who might turn out to be not so good."
Aryan raised his hand, but put it back down. He took a deep breath, calmed himself down and gave her an icy stare, which would even put Don Vito Corleone to shame."Listen to me, I trust him, that's it."
Sneha was no mobster, she immediately dropped that conversation, that look had the power to terrorise people, "So then, who'd you reckon?"
"Think, think, think! Aryan who else knows?"
"How'd you come here Aryan?"
"By auto….oh yes! He would have informed the police, he even knew the exact location."
"Precisely."
"Ok, I have lesser time as it is, first of all, I'm going to need your mobile phone, I'm not going to risk making calls with this one now."
She hesitated, but, gave it to him,"I have another phone, the number is already in this phone."
"Ok."
"So, about her running away, I don't have an exact address, but I know where she was planning to go in Kashmir, if you want I could tell it to you."
"Why the sudden change of heart now?"
"Well, you do love her, what could you possibly do? Plus, she might have actually disappeared and there might be some information about her there."
"Okay, so tell me."
"She was planning to go to Aamir's native home in Kashmir."
"Where?"
"Bijbihada."

No comments:

Post a Comment