Monday 3 November 2014

Love....everlasting? (Chapter 13)

Aryan took Sneha's phone and called Vikram.
"Vikram, there's some good news and some bad news."
"The bad news is the police is looking for you…"
"Yep and the good news is…"
"Yeah?"
"She might have gone to Bijibihada."
"Kiska kya bigaada?"
"Hmph. It's a place in Kashmir."
"Oh, so what are you going to do now?"
"We're going to look for her there."
"We're going to look for her there,"said Vikram imitating his voice,"Dude, you mad or what?"
"Umm, why?"
"You're not going to Kashmir to a place the name of which you can't even pronounce properly."
"But, I need to find out what happened to her!”
"Do you even have the address of that place?"
"No. But…"
"But, what? I can't let you continue with this madness. You are not going after a girl who betrayed your trust and went off with some other guy to do the hanky panky, got it you skanky dude!!"
"Dude listen, destiny is never fixed, what if she is in some rut there? What will I do? I loved her, I did all the commitments she did none, maybe I forced her into this false relationship, maybe I was the one at fault…She. Okay, listen, you know, might have been she cheated on me, but she loves him, not me, she fulfilled her commitment to him, without even knowing whether he loved her or not, throwing away the love and care of a person like me, now if my love is going to go to waste, I'm going to make sure that it doesn't get wasted for nothing. Maybe she did the wrong thing betraying me, I can't even believe I'm saying this, but she did the right thing going away from me, instead of making me suffer she left me, to change to develop, I should thank her for that. Sure, she'll pay, karma is a bitch, but now, I don't want payback anymore."
"Listen to this ass, one breakup and he thinks he's Buddha, sacrifice and all that horse crap, so let me get this straight, she took a whole 2 years to come to you, she came to you for a month and even in that one month she slept with another guy and you think she did the right thing? Wow, that's some shit man. Namaste to this great lady, but I ain't going with you."
"SO I'LL GO ALONE."
"Go, then."
"I'm going."
"Bye, Aryan." And Vikram cut the call.
Huh, he cut the call? What the f*ck? Can nobody be counted on ever?
His phone started ringing again, it was Vikram. He picked up the call.
"Yeah?"
"I know this is a bad time, but can I borrow your car?"
"You assh*le…."
"Hahaha, ok for your advice, you don’t actually need to go there. Just ask her friend when she was going to leave, and check that with her grandmother, if the date matches, she might have left, if it doesn't, then she hasn't. But, in case, she has actually left, we'll do something else, we'll check at Aamir's home here to get his address there and phone number and we'll tell the friend to call up there and if she'll pickup and talk to her, she'd be there, if not, just tell her to ask for her, whether she is there or whether she was ever there or not."
"Dude, you are smart."
"I know, if you would not have been stuck in this ruckus, you would have thought this much by yourself."
"Okay, let me check."
"Cool, catch ya later bro."
Aryan had a brainwave, there was no need to go to the grandmother the story could be corraborated by checking with Sneha only. He handed Sneha her phone.
"Sneha, just a minute please."
"Yes, Aryan?"
"Do you by any chance know when she planned to leave for Bijibihada?"
"Yeah."
"Does that date match with the date she went missing?"
"Umm, no, she went missing a long time before her plans to leave, why?"
A shocking truth dawned on Aryan now, she never left the city.
"Uh, nothing, look can I borrow your phone one more time?"
"Okay."
He called Vikram again.
"Hi."
"Yes brother, she went missing much before her plans to leave."
"That means?"
"Yeah, she never left the city."
"We'll just double check with our plan just to confirm."
"No need Vikram, I know. She has disappeared somewhere."
"Why?"
"Because even Sneha doesn't know where she has gone, if she would have left the city, at least Sneha would have known."
"True. What now?"
"Let's see what happens next."
The same day another news appeared in the newspaper, a guy was found dead in the city, his name was Aamir.

No comments:

Post a Comment