Sunday 2 November 2014

Love....everlasting? (Chapter 11)

Aryan knew that her closest friend was Jyotika,  but, he couldn't talk to her as he had deleted her number a long time ago, after an episode with Jenny. So, he chose to do the next best thing, talk to her other best friend, Sneha. Now Sneha was also a friend of Aryan's, she sympathised with Aryan, somewhere down the line, he had felt that she liked him, but was proved wrong many times, although he never had an interest in her. He just did that to make sure, she wouldn't be an issue between him and Jenny, so the love thing wasn't an issue. It had merely just been a thought, or a false sense of instinct. All these people were really close friends at one time, there was also one guy, but he wasn't that close to Jenny as Sneha was. The next day, he went over to Sneha's place. The auto rickshaw guy said,"Sir, I've seen you somewhere."
"Maybe, I'm a writer and a model,"said Aryan.
"Oh, maybe…oh…" the guy appeared shocked for a moment, he recovered and said,"Sir, I remember you now, you appeared on news that day, sorry, sir, but I cannot take your money."
"Come on, tell me, how much, I'll look in the metre,"saying that Aryan tried to look into the metre but the guy immediately switched it off.
"Sorry, sir, I cannot take your money, I'm going to tell everyone I met you."
"I'm not that famous."
"Yes sir, you are, you don't know it yet…." The guy winked at him and took off.
Aryan went up the stairs and rang the doorbell. There was a peephole in the brown, polished, solid oak door. It was rather elegant, with embellishments of golden polished wood on it. If Aryan had not been so worried, he would have asked Sneha about the carpenter who made that door, for he would have put it in his house, a house, which would be incomplete now, but still. A slightly chubby woman of 24 opened the door in around 2 minutes. She was dressed in a pink kurta pyjama and had put on her dupatta which was also pink, it had floral embroidery of white on it, she was also wearing too many rings on her fingers, as usual.
"Hi, Aryan."
"Hi, Sneha, may I come in?"
"Yeah, sure, why not?"she said so with a fake smile as she had also been under distress.
Aryan looked down at the unfamiliar floor of the house, he had seen such flooring before, but this one was somehow smoother, made of cement, grayish in colour, it somehow, was much smoother and shinier than normal cement floors, he knew Sneha's family was rich, but well, that was not his concern now, he walked into the living room, there were two beautiful couches, he hoped that would be as comfortable as they were beautiful. Aryan walked to the 2-cushioned couch and sat there. Sneha sat next to him and asked him the one question she shouldn't have.
"How are you doing?"
"I am doing fine." 'I am dying inside,I just need to find her whatever way I can, I haven't come all the way down here for chitchat'.
"Ok, so tell me, how can I help you?"
"I hope you know about Jenny's disappearance?"
"Yes, I do." Sneha looked down at the floor, Aryan heard a sob, she looked up, she looked ok, but Aryan saw something glint in her left eye, 'Was that a tear?'
"Well, I am trying to find her, any information would be considered helpful. I know this much that she was planning to run off with her ex-boyfriend Aamir. I also know that I had a confrontation with her near that period of time. I also know that she was planning to go to Kashmir. So my question to you is, do you know where she was planning to run off to?"
"Umm, all I know is that they were planning to go to his home."
"You knew that?"
"Yes."
"And you didn't tell me?"
"So?"
"So, I was her boyfriend! For God's sake! You crazy woman."
"Yeah, I know that, am sorry, okay? I am her best friend and I am supposed to protect her best interests, not yours. You never even talked to me properly."
"I never even talked to many of my best friends, what the hell are you being so angry about?"
"You called me my best friend, and you never talked to me properly."
"Okay, first of all, I never said that, I talked to you more than I talked to my best friends, second of all, you might have all the time in the world to b*tch about you seeded insecurities about people ignoring you, but I have to find her. SO just tell me one thing, do you know his address?"
"Well, I…"
The doorbell rang.
"….will be back in just a moment." She got up and went to open the door, Aryan was getting curious about all of this and he was sure that he would at least get an address, a place where he could look for her, he was getting restless, so he just got up and went to see who was at the door.
As he was getting nearer, he heard a man's voice.
"We are looking for Mr. Aryan Vashisth the writer, and I know that he is inside."
'Was it the police?Hell, I have to get out of here quickly.'
Aryan slowly crept away from the conversation and got out the back window and slowly, walked to the front of the house and walked away to a place nearby where he could observe the situation.
'Police? What the f*ck? Why the f*ck are they looking for me?'

No comments:

Post a Comment