Tuesday 16 December 2014

Love....everlasting? (Chapter 17)

They searched for many days, but didn't get anywhere with their search, they went to Bijibihada, they went to Punjab, they went even to Chennai to look for her. But they found nothing.
"It's always a cold trail that we follow."said Vikram.
"It's never a cold trail, Vikram."
"Then, what is it?"
Anger burst forth from inside Aryan,"It's f*cking hell, DO YOU KNOW WHAT A COLD TRAIL MEANS? IT MEANS THAT THE PERSON WAS THERE SOME TIME OF THE DAY, BUT WE WERE TOO LATE TO TRACK THE PERSON! SHE WASN'T EVEN HERE YOU, DUMBASS!!!"
"Woah, Woah, WOAH! Hothead, shouting on me won't get your b*tch back."
"She was not a b*tch Vikram, she couldn't run away with him, she ran off to be in peace."
"Yeah and who's to say that she didn't kill him and run off with someone else."
"She did not kill him Vikram!!!SHE DID NOT KILL ANYONE, SHE WAS A SWEETHEART, SHE COULD NEVER DO SUCH A THING, SHE DID NOT RUN OFF WITH HIM, SHE RAN OFF ALONE TO BE IN PEACE…."
He burst into tears. He placed his head on the desk nearby, he kept on crying, his tears wouldn't stop, his wailing wouldn't stop, he was helpless, afraid, confused and angry,
'She did not betray me, she left him that letter to let her be in peace…'
"The letter!"
"What with the stupid letter already?"said Vikram.
"I just remembered something…"
"What now?"
"I caught this letter before!"
"Huh, what when?"
"I don't know when, how or what…I just remembered that…."and he started crying again and stopped speaking.
"That what my friend?"Vikram said politely and kept his hand on his shoulder, while he was crying.
"She told me, something?"
"What?"
"She said….that, that…if I ever saw this letter again, it would mean that she would be dead."
Vikram was taken aback,"Huh, no, it might simply mean, that you would never see her face again, I mean, aren't you sure she said something like that?"
"No, she said it plain and simple, don’t you get it? SHE TOLD ME IF I EVER SAW THIS LETTER AGAIN, SHE WOULD BE DEAD."
This was heartbreaking news to Aryan.
"Don't worry, Aryan, we'll find her, she's alive, let's just check Aamir's place out, okay?"
"No, we will not. She is dead, otherwise , she would have contacted me."
"Seriously, dude."
"COME ON BROTHER, SHE IS DEAD, DON'T YOU THINK IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE? SHE DID NOT CONTACT ANYONE, NO ONE COULD EVER DO THAT! WITHOUT BEING IN CONTACT WITH ANYONE ELSE, NO ONE CAN SURVIVE ALONE, NO ONE!!! DO YOU GET ME?"
As Vikram walked around, the realization of the truth dawned on Aryan,'Jenny was dead. 9 months is a long time for disappeared people to come back.'
"Aryan, you sure?"
"Yes, brother, I can't be in agony anymore."
"Okay."
"Let's get to Sneha's."
They went to Sneha's place and told her. Sneha looked heartbroken, she was in tears, but something Aryan said to her made her day better. He was the man, he had to handle it.
"Sneha, I know you like me, but in the past few days, while searching for her I realised something that I didn't even think possible."
"What that Jenny is dead? I know that."
"No, you fool. I love you, will you marry me?"
Vikram looked like a thunderbolt had struck him. His eyes were open with awe and shock.
"Excuse me?"said Sneha.
"Yeah", he put his hand in his pocket and took out a ring"Miss Sneha, the times of the recent have not been kind to me, I have not been kind to you, I'm sorry, but you know, I felt something for you the day I met you the first time, I just brushed it aside because I thought it wrong to have 2 ladies in my heart at a time. I promised myself that I would be with Jenny, but now that promise cannot be fulfilled, so, now is the time to be truthful to me, I love you, and I want to be with you, forever, please will you marry me?"
Sneha had tears in her eyes by now, she had always wished for this moment to happen. She had loved Aryan before she became best friends with Jenny, before she even saw her, she knew Aryan, she fell in love with him that day only.
She grasped his hand looked into his eyes, gave him a peck on the lips and said,"Yes."
They both hugged and thus began a new life.
Vikram on the other hand, looked happy and disturbed at the same time.
'Now, is not the time, I'll tell him later, after a few years maybe, a few months, a few days maybe?'thought Vikram.

No comments:

Post a Comment