Sunday 13 March 2016

Cheat Codes

I bought a game on my new iPhone. It was a fantastic game with a lot of action, some fantasy, some sword-fighting, some good combos, a fantastic storyline, you get the gist, oh and let's not forget the beautiful graphics, credits to the Unreal™ engine which provides the backbone to its graphics. So, after playing for quite a few days, it is an awesome game, really, I realised I got stuck at one point or another just because of some credits or battle chips. I used to moan and cringe each time I would not have enough of those to level up, or probably buy a new weapon or potion, so I thought let's look for a cheat or a glitch or something which would provide me with easy money.
I found quite a few, it is a famous game, after all, just by googling for a few minutes, found one that worked, and exploited it to my glee. I was so happy, probably for a few hours or so, but after some time,  I got so bored of the ease of the game, that I ended up resetting it and started playing it from scratch. The game was good, no doubt, but without cheat codes.
The cheats just made it so easy, there was no thrill or excitement in beating an opponent, no ecstasy in buying a new weapon or a piece of armour, the game had become redundant. It had no challenges to offer me and to be honest the game had all the answers to beat it, only if you were so inclined to do so, but with cheats, you would become that powerful from the beginning.
Think of life as the same, if you got easy money to live, and had everything from the start, you would have no fear of failure, no joy in success, no ecstasy in gaining something so important your life would be dependent on it. Having everything is not joy, you learn joy after you struggle to gain something, joy comes from the sense of achievement.
Struggle is the key to success and happiness.
The life we live is supposed to be lived the way it is, with struggles, with ups and downs, with highs and lows, so don't wish for a cheat code for easy success for two reasons:
1. They don't exist
2. If they did, I'd be bored, I mean what joy would there be if video game companies didn't work this hard to earn money ;)
And also, there are a few games which were meant to be played with cheat codes, as it is fun sometimes blowing up stuff without any reason, but that theme doesn't resonate with this thought.
Teenagers in 2005 playing video games would probably get which one I'm talking about.
Anyways, live life doing what you love, embrace the challenges, overcome them, or at least try to overcome them and thank them, for they made you better and stronger.

Ciao!

1 comment: