Thursday 3 March 2016

The Warrior's Last Battle

Laying on the road, the warrior breathed,
He was wounded, his armor broken, his sword sheathed.
But among his heart and mind remained that line,
"Your country, your wife and your daughter will be mine."

It was 3 days back when he was challenged,
By a man so wicked, you could say he was deranged.
The warrior didn't raise a finger and simply said,
"Oh, noble man, accept my defeat instead."

 The wicked man was proud, he wouldn't take that,
"Fight me in battle on the road beyond the hut.
Surrender and I would kill your daughter,
NO MERCY, NO GRACE ONLY SLAUGHTER.

THE MEN WOULD FEAST ON HER BODY,
In the end, I would only become more greedy."
He stopped with a menacing smile on his face,
The warrior knew he would have to fight in this place.

He stepped up, and shouted,
"LET'S BATTLE YOU MADMAN AND END THIS DEED.
KILL YOU I SHALL FOR YOU HAVE MOCKED MY CREED,
VANQUISH YOU I SHALL, AND REST INDEED."

They went to the location and had a battle,
The warrior vanquished the madman, the score did he settle.
But beyond the bush hid 10 men,
They attacked him from behind, took him to their den.

They beat him there for two days straight,
On the third they threw on the road, in the night at eight.
The madman told him now he would get them,
Torture, steal, rape and then kill them.

The warrior lay helpless, half dead,
He couldn't move his hand or head,
After three days he gathered his might,
Got up, picked his weapons and got ready for a fight.

He walked back to his village to challenge the madman,
He shouted out that he would kill his clan,
Out they did come the madmen in his men,
Out of their burrow, their hidden den.

They fought and fought the warrior and kept on striking,
But with each strike, the warrior fell, kept on rising,
He got stronger with each blow it seemed,
The clan was now doomed.

Very soon did the man vanquish the clan,
He managed to reach the awestruck madman,
"But I broke you, how have you come back?"
"With each passing moment, my heart did I rack,

I gathered the courage and took a decision,
My wounds are there, I might need an incision,
But I had to fight and kill you now,
I have come back and your time is up now."

With both his hands the warrior plunged his sword
Deep into the madman's heart and he groaned.
"Forgive me, dear sir, but I had no option,
You killed my family, and passed this motion.

Now you shall die and rest in peace,
While I remain alive and cry in peace,
Vengeance is served and justice is done,

The warrior can now rest, as his purpose remains none."

No comments:

Post a Comment