Sunday 7 February 2016

Finders Keepers

Sometimes things just happen to lie around the corner. When you're looking for some cookies and you don’t find them for days, but suddenly, when you are lying around in the bed and you find them there, it feels amazing. Sometimes, when you ,lost your earphones you think you have lost them forever, but one fine day, suddenly, you find them near your cupboard.
I have lost a zillion things, and found them almost instantly. But, when I lose something and find it after a certain period of time, it feels like bliss. Similar is the feeling when you are looking for something in one place away from you, very much away from you, and you find it there where you are located. Feels good and amazing.
As this is Valentine's Day fever period, I shall give an example from this genre. I have been looking and looking for happiness from someone I quite did not receive, trying and trying and trying. But, in vain. Having abandoned all hope, I resume my day to day activities as normal, trying to not feel all broken inside, trying to be strong as the world is filled with weirdos and crazies. But, they are not the ones to be afraid of, it's the sane ones you should avoid. They're the ones who mock you, try to stop you from achieving your goals and all that crap.
After 2 days I breakdown, get leave from work and go out and meet my friend hang out with him and have alcohol. This is how I let off some steam. Next day I go to work all fired up and kicked, but not as energetic as I was before, something pulls me down, I know what it is and I force myself to ignore and keep working.
Over a period of few days, I get used to all of it and go back to normal, thanking God for not letting me fall into love again, as the only time I ever loved, I got crushed very bad, almost destroyed my career and my life. One day, a girl I used to like before comes to my workplace, now, I didn't have strong feelings for her, but just an attraction factor(sort of), not sexual, I am never attracted to girls who are sexually appealing, what I'm trying to say is they are not the miniskirt-waering-type girls, they're usually the girl-next-door type women, so I see her and I feel gleeful, I find myself seeking ways to talk to her, I had never talked to her before, so I had to find out a subtle but sure way to talk to her. So I help her out there, it's my workplace, so I can, I coolly find out her name and her profession, although, I already knew both. The surprising thing was, she already knew my name, my work history and obviously my present.
I am embarrassed to say this, but in the words of Mr. Devi Lal Singh, I got a ginormous Kick from her knowledge about me and as she left, I had a smile on my face for the entire day and even though I had not slept well the past night, was wide awake the entire night.
I had been looking for happiness from someone else, but I had found it somewhere else.

FINDERS KEEPERS,  guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment