Thursday 27 August 2015

The Irony of Life(Chapter 6)

That Night
-------------
Abhishek was lying in his double bunk bed in the dormitory, his friend Harsh in the top Bunk. It had been an hour since he was trying to sleep, his eyes were drooping, his body was tired, he was wounded, normally , a person in that state wouldn't even take a second to drop into his mysterious land of dreams, but he was in his own wonderland tonight.
She, she was so different, her eyes were so beautiful.
He started gazing up at the bottom surface of the top bunk like an idiot, lost in his thoughts.
She cares.
He was moved by this event, although Harsh did make fun of him, they were like brothers, when Harsh understood the gravity of the situation later that day, he stopped making jokes and became all sympathetic towards him, he had been like his guardian angel all the way back to the hostel, helping him, carrying him when he couldn't walk, etc. etc., he even tucked him into bed.
Maybe I should talk to him, maybe not, but who else, but what if Prasoon interferes, well if he does, let him, how does it matter?
"Harsh, bro, you up?"
No response.
"Harsh?"
Nothing.
"HARSH, SOMEONE IS TRYING TO STEAL YOUR FOOD!!!!"shouted Abhishek.
Immediately, Harsh got up, "Huh? What? Where? Who?"
As he looked around with half open eyes, in the dark dormitory, he sighed and dropped his head in disapproval.
"Yes, Abhishek? What happened Bro?"
"Umm, I'm unable to sleep…."
"Huh? How?"
"I don't know, thing is…"
Harsh looked down from the left side of the top bunk, hanging from the side of the railing, holding on with his hands in such a manner that only his head and upper chest was visible.
"Yeah, thing is? You should have been long asleep by now, brother, you're supposed to be very tired, your eyes should not be able to open, my friend."
"I know, but, I cannot help but think about that girl."
"What girl?"
"Her…the brown eyed girl, who helped me that day."
"Oh. She was pretty and I liked her too, she didn't make much noise."
"Hey, mind it, ok?"
"Whoa, brother, I just said I liked it, and what's up with you? Why are you getting so fussy about a girl all of a sudden, you said you didn't like girls!"
"Yes, bro, but she was not like any other girl I've seen, all the others are like the ones who were there with her that day. But, she, she was different, I mean, she was the only one who helped me, to get up, she wrapped my bandages, took me to you, she smiled at me, ah, that smile….wow."
"Abhishek my, brother, are you acting crazy? I think the sleep has gotten to you. You're acting weird now."
"He's not acting weird." Prasoon barged in.
"Then?" said Abhishek and Harsh.

"He's in love."

1 comment: