Saturday 25 April 2015

Hope

The well was deep, the walls slippery,
All around he looked, he could see only mockery,
The water dripping against the walls laughing,
The shiny walls looking at him and sneering.

He could not understand what to do, like a novice,
He looked up and put his hand in a crevice,
Tried to climb up but slipped, into the water splashing,
Frustrated, tired and angry, he started screaming,
 "What wrong did I do, O Lord?
Why have you put me in here, in this small pond?"
Tears in his eyes, hope faltering, he gave up
And accepted his fate, as he looked up,
Night fall approaching, his clothes wet,
He decided to be like this in this set
Of water and stone and fungus as one,
And he was the only being counted as none.

One last time, he thought and tried,
He prayed and  gasped and cried and cried,
Suddenly, he heard someone shout,
"Who's there below, in this snout?

Suffering in the cold, in this night,
You cannot be brave or have the might,
To face the wrath of this well,
Many a people have died here swell."

"Brother, O, brother, please help me!
I have been stuck here, with a broken knee,
I cannot get out it seems, nor is there any help,
Many a times today, I have let out a yelp."

"Wait here, I shall go and get some aid,
Don’t worry my brother, don't be afraid,
I shall go and come,
Before your body goes numb."

Hours passed, he waited and waited,
He died in the well, there he was cremated,
He died with hope in his heart and mind,
 Before dying, he had seen a soul, helpful and kind.

His fate was alas, bad in vain,
The man who went off was hit by a train,
That night two people died fruitless,
One in hope and one in kindness.

Hope did not serve that man that night,
Kindness didn't at all serve the other man right,
Now a question arises in my brain,

Does good always overcome or is random probability in reign?

No comments:

Post a Comment